Things that brighten a hiker’s day:
- Paying $5 to stay on a cot in a garage.
- Paying $5 more for a HOT SHOWER. Let’s face it, hikers stink. I stink. Showers are pure gold.
- Having the garage and shower be right next to a laundromat (trail clothes need washing, too. see above.)
- Pizza, hamburger, donut shops close by. Hikers EAT. We eat a LOT. When we can. I am always hungry.
- Grocery stores for resupply. (see above)
- A dry tent instead of what I feared, a rain spattered one
- A short 8 mile day. Hopefully not too rocky
Better start packing up that tent.
I hike on.