(Proposed on 29 September in the calendar year 2016 A.D. by Appalachian Trail thru-hiker Ziptie, alternately known as Elisabeth, Betsy, Sioneva, and Rocky. Passed by unanimous consent of the aforementioned thru-hiker on 1 October in the calendar year 2016 A.D. Amendments to said proposal will be taken out and shot at dawn.)
- That upon reaching the line of boundary between the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Tennessee, that the aforementioned person shall cease to hike on for the calendar year 2016 A.D.
- That this boundary shall be reached and breached on or before 31 October in the calendar year 2016 A.D.
- That this boundary shall mark the 1724th mile traversed upon the Appalachian Trail by the aforementioned thru-hiker, leaving 465 miles undone.
- That any person present or future who might to celebrate this event in person should inform the aforementioned thru-hiker, and be ready to gather in the town of Damascus, VA, on or around this date. Costumes are optional
- That the aforementioned thru-hiker wishes to convey apologies to anyone, including herself, who may be disappointed or unhappy with a failure to reach the mountain in Georgia given the nomenclature “Springer Mountain”.
- That this shall not a “The End”, but rather a “To Be Continued”.
- That this resolution was written by a very strange person.