Items successfully completed yesterday from the massive to-do list:
- – Talked to student loan company about options for 1 year forbearance/deferment on loans. Results mixed. We’ll see.
- – Did some research on personal loans at the bank. NOTE: not likely to be needed, and I don’t want to do it anyway. Still, option’s out there, I like to have information!
- – Appointment made with urologist in February to find out how best to avoid kidneystones on the trail. (besides drinking a lot of water, that is a given)
The admin dashboard for the blog was down all day yesterday. Hence, two blog entries for the price of one! Doing well on the exercise front, I think; yesterday and today, the 1.57 mile course up and down, but I threw in an extra climb of the 66 step staircase as well, both days. When it starts to get too easy… well, I’ll figure that out then. Come the weekend, I’ll start lugging a pack around outdoors – I think I will start at 5 or 10 lbs. to begin with, keep to sidewalks for a while. With some hills. February should see me climbing up and around the Hummel Park cliffs. Maybe a trip down to Indian Cave State Park, with steep Missouri River bluffs and trails.
– It is so good to be painfree!!!
– Last night, I reread the book that started it all for me – AWOL on the Appalachian Trail. Now that I am seriously planning this, the rose-colored glasses are losing their tint. I found myself studying the hardships he described far more closely. How am I going to handle heights??? I’ll handle heights!